We are fully prepared to open the ‘The Merchant’ for everyone…The Merchant is a film market at Jaipur International Film Festival. Jaipur is a New Emerging Film Capital of India & the World.
AN EXCLUSIVE PROGRAM
MEET AND GREETS
NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES for
FINANCIERS! DIRECTORS! WRITERS!
SALES AGENTS! DISTRIBUTORS!
HOW TO WORK THE MERCHANT:
The Merchant is a great place to pitch your project or film - if you have a plan. Use these steps to increase your chances of success and industry relationship.
Co-Production meet, Film finance, Pitch the project, market the film, Micro-Budget. Video-On-Demand, Planning: The part of World’s largest international conference series in coming years. Time has begun and you are at right place for your dream project/s.
THE MERCHANT: FILM MARKET
From JIFF-2011 onwards, ‘The Merchant’ was introduced to the film and art world. In JIFF-2012 & 13, only the selective filmmakers could participate in ‘The Merchant’ but from JIFF-2014 we are fully prepared to open the film market for everyone.
JIFF is fully prepared to make ‘The Merchant’ one of the finest film market of the world cinema for the world cinema. We are here to develop a dais on which the film fraternity can access the worldwide dialogue on research, production, co-production and distribution. In order to render the world film industry a new distinctive identity and bring the producers, exhibitors and the skilled and creative personalities right under one roof.
India is one of the prominent nations of the world and the filmmakers from across the globe are keeping an eye on it. Some of the finest locations for shooting are available in the city of Jaipur & Rajasthan. Make your way to Jaipur, India.
Now you can submit as many numbers of films as you wish to in ’The Merchant’.
The best thing about ‘The Merchant’ (film market) is that most of the distributors, producers and exhibitors from the state of Rajasthan will participate in it. Besides, there will be some selective film professionals from other parts of India and all over the world.
Note: Rajasthan with an area of 342239 sq km is the largest state in India. The population of the state is more than 6.86 crore (68.6 million) and the place itself is highly admirable for its remarkable shooting locations (modern, historical and natural) across the globe.
It is an undeniable fact that youth comprises of the largest audience segment and India is a country with an extremely huge youth population. Out of the total population of country, today, over 35% of our population is below the age of 20. By 2020, it is expected that 325 million people in India will reach working age, which will be the largest in the world.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
There are many reasons to attend The Merchant! Here are the top 11.
- Attend the only film market with family atmosphere.
- The Merchant is not meant for business purposes however The Merchant is provided with a unique platform for success and better business for your film and company, for better cinema world.
- Minimum registration fee
- Discover regional cinema and world class cinema and new films and projects before your competitors do.
- Meet face-to-face with financers, producers, directors, writers, distributors and production companies etc.
- Buy world cinema and regional cinema all under one roof.
- See screenings of 200+ films, including world premieres.
- Enjoy daily complimentary breakfast.
- Relax in a private 500 to 1,000 square foot Buyer’s Lounge at Market venue.
- Use The Merchant’s exclusive hotel booking services.
- The concept of selecting 2 to 5 films amongst the films screened in The Merchant during the festival, for release in Jaipur, Rajasthan or India.
BLUE PRINT OF ‘THE MERCHANT’ FOR JIFF-2018 IS AS FOLLOWS:
- Daily meetings/workshops/seminars/debates in between the film producers, directors, writers, distributors, filmmakers and film exhibitors.
- Writers meet, Co-production meet etc.
- D-S Meet-for Documentary and Short filmmakers.
- Producers Meet. Distributors meet
- Special seminar: for the release of the film in Rajasthan and other parts of India.
- Scope of English language film theatrical release in Rajasthan and business model.
- Auditoriums will be available for the screening of the films in The Merchant.
- Well designed booth/s available.
- Daily news bulletin.
- Space available for participants-for organizing the party/dinner host etc.
- Insert your flyers in delegates beg/s.
- Advertise with us options available.